The Battery Load Unit – BLU340A is a stand-alone or a PC-controlled battery capacity test set, based on the state-of-the-art technology, using the most advanced power electronics solutions with coolers and fans integrated into device itself.
This device is a lightweight solution (20,6 kg / 45.4 lb.), developed to meet a customer’s wide ranging test procedure requirements (standardized as well as customized). Using the BLU340A device, the capacity test is performed in an accurate, user-friendly way in accordance with the battery testing standards:
- IEEE 450-2010
- IEEE 1188-2005
- IEEE 1106-2015
- IEC 60896-11/22 and other relevant standards.
Discharging can be performed at constant current, constant power, constant resistance or in accordance with a pre-selected load profile. The discharge test can also be conducted in case a battery remains connected to the load – by measuring the load current during the process.
Battery Load Unit provides the discharge current of up to 160 A and may be applied to battery strings with up to 300 V voltage level. Batteries can be positively or negatively grounded or free floating.
To test a battery, the user should start the discharge after connecting the DV Power BLU340A to the battery and setting the voltage alarms to the correct level. With the current kept at a constant level, the alarm will sound once voltage drops to just above final voltage. If voltage drop poses a risk of deep discharge, as a result, the BLU will automatically close off the test.
The DV Power BLU 340A comes supplied with a mains cable, a standard transport case, a cable test set, cable bag for the cables and DV-Win software.
- Lightweight – 20,6 kg (45.4 lb.)
- Powerful – discharge power up to 28,4 kW
- Battery voltage: 6 to 270 V DC (min 5,25 – max 300 V DC)
- Discharge current – up to 160 A DC
- Battery internal resistance measurement according to IEC 60896
- Expandable range for larger banks using BXL-A extra load units
- Current measurement range using Current Clamp 0 – 1 000 A DC
- User – adjustable alarm and shutdown parameters to prevent excessive discharge
- Testing without disconnecting the regular load
- Detailed test analysis using DV-B Win software
- Test resume feature in case of interrupted power supply
The DV-B Win software is included in the price, and all its updates are free of charge. Using the DV-B Win software a test can be performed and monitored from a PC, and the results can be saved directly to a PC. Communication between the BLU and a PC is achieved through a USB cable. Using the DV-B Win, the results can be arranged and printed for a report in selectable formats as XLS, PDF, Word, or RTF. Also, a possibility of importing other types of data formats (jpg, png, doc) into standardized DV-B Win report is provided, as well as exporting the numerical and graphical results from the DV-B Win into a customizable report. Additionally, the software provides a possibility of setting extra parameters (cell voltage, string voltage, capacity and time) for alarming and terminating the test..