Handheld Circuit Breaker Analyzer and Timer CAT-P with its compact and ergonomic design can provide a wide range of information that you need:
- First trip test (Online test)
- Main arcing-contacts operating time including bounce-time
- Timing and resistance measurement of the pre-insertion resistors (if present in the circuit breaker)
- Auxiliary contact operating time
- Actuation of circuit breaker’s TRIP and CLOSE coil via external module (Coil Control Module)
- TRIP and CLOSE coils current with values for specific points and corresponding graphics
- Voltage values and condition of a DC battery
CAT-P is a battery-operated (up to 8 hours), handheld measuring instrument with 5.7 inch touch screen color display that can determine extremely quickly and easily the main contacts operating times, contact synchronicity, sequence time, coil currents and DC voltage. CAT-P displays numerical and graphical results (it can overlay up to 4 records in the graphical form) enabling quick onsite analysis of potential defects by comparing the obtained test results. Test results can be downloaded to a PC for more detailed analysis using DV-Win software. Thanks to this extensive functionality and its high measurement accuracy, CAT-P can be put to a wide range of different uses when measuring the operating times of low, medium and high-voltage switchgear devices in Online and Offline mode.
DV-Win application software suite provides acquisition and analysis of the test results. Graphical presentation of a variety of measurement and timing test results uses cursors and powerful zoom functions for detailed analysis. Colors, grids, scales and positioning of the test data are all controlled by the user. DV-Win supports an automatic unit conversion (e.g. cycles to seconds or mm to inches). The test records can be exported in .dwc file format for further analysis.
- Why do we record an actuating coil current waveform
- First trip test
- O-C Time Results Interpretation
- Close-Open (Short-Circuit) Time Results Interpretation