- Timing and motion measurement
- 6 timing channels (3×2) for main and resistive contacts
- 6 timing channels for auxiliary inputs
- 6 coil control channels
- 3 transducer input channels
- 6 additional analog input channels
- Detailed analysis of test results using DV-Win software
The Circuit Breaker Analyzer & Timer CAT64A instrument utilizes the latest improvements for safe and fast testing, with unique technical capabilities for additional diagnostics of circuit breakers. Sophisticated design ensures efficient and reliable operations in high-voltage substations and industrial environments.
First trip test
A “First trip” analysis is important to determine a condition of the coil operating mechanism. A circuit breaker spends most of its lifetime conducting a current without any operation. Once the protective relay detects a problem, the circuit breaker, that was idle for maybe a year or longer, has to operate as fast as possible. However, if the circuit breaker has not been operated for a long time, the latch friction may increase. Information about the latch friction can be obtained from the coil current waveform recorded during the “First trip” test.
Viewing and overlaying several graphs for complete and easy test result comparison. Selecting the measurement points and intervals using two available cursors. Zoom and pan graph feature. Specific test sequence setup. Customized configuration of test result graphs.
For the CAT form of DV-Win software there is Help menu available, with detailed instructions and explanations of all functions and features.
- Measuring coil resistance using CAT device
- Deciding on length of a linear transducer for different types of circuit breakers
- Why do we record an actuating coil current waveform
- Dynamic contact resistance measurement
- First trip test
- Installation of linear and rotary motion transducers
- Using Test System CAT+SAT for CB Testing
- Using Non-linear Transfer Function for Rotary to Linear Motion Conversion
- O-C Time Results Interpretation
- Close-Open (Short-Circuit) Time Results Interpretation
- Recording Spring-Charging Motor Current Waveform