The Battery Voltage Supervisor (BVS) is a battery monitoring system for real-time data gathering and viewing. The BVS main role is monitoring battery voltage values during a battery discharge testing.
The BVS is an integrated system consisting of:
- BVS Control Unit (BVS-CU)
- Cell Voltage Modules (CVM)
- String Voltage module (SVM) (optional)
- String current module (SCM) (optional)
The BVS system identifies a potential battery malfunction by monitoring the following cell parameters from an array of the cell voltage modules CVM:
- Cell voltage
- Intercell connection voltage
In addition, the BVS-CU provides ambient temperature measurements on multiple locations(4 temperature channels). Overall string voltage and string current measurements can be achieved by using optional string voltage module (SVM) and string current module (SCM). The CVM modules detect cells that fail a discharge test based on measured voltage values, so these cells can be safely removed from the battery string. Data acquisition and extensive analysis capabilities of data collected from the modules are available in the DV–B Win application software suite, providing a user data viewing, tracking and generation of comprehensive reports.
- Efficient analyzer for battery discharge testing
- Automated string and cell voltage, and intercell connection voltage, string current and ambient temperature measurements during capacity tests
- Detection and notification of failing cells
- Reliable and easy to operate
- Detailed test analysis and reporting provided using DV-B Win software
* Number of CVM-C and cable sets may vary depending on application
All results measured on the BVS system can be viewed, analyzed and presented in selectable report forms by using the DV-B Win software application. Data can be transferred to a PC through a USB or Bluetooth communication. Both, the BVS and the BLU device provided results can be viewed on the same report form.