The Battery Extra Load Unit BXL-V is used as an additional load with the BLU360V device if a required discharge current or power exceeds the capacity of a single BLU360V device.
The BXL-V unit solution is based on the state-of-the-art technology using the most advanced power electronics solutions, with 8 fans integrated into the device itself. The BXL-V is powerful, providing high discharge currents of up to 190 A DC and applicable for battery systems with up to 500 V DC voltage range. A combination of the BLU and BXL devices enables performing the capacity test in an accurate, user-friendly way in accordance with the battery testing standards (IEEE 450-2010 / IEEE 1188-2005 / IEEE 1106-2015, IEC 60896-11/22 and other relevant standards).
The BLU360V device (in a BLU-BXL combined system) ensures control of the discharge process. The BXL-V simulates a constant load during the discharge test – its load parameter (resistance) is a user seletable in advance, prior to the discharge test. Also, it provides a flexibility in selecting its load capacities – several resistances can be set for the majority of commercially available nominal battery voltages.
- Used in a combination with BLU360V device to increase load capacity
- Lightweight – 16 kg (35 lb.)
- Powerful – discharge power up to 35 kW
- Voltage measurement range: 0 – 500 V DC
- Discharge current – up to 190 A DC
- Measurement resolution – current 1 A, voltage 1 V
- Discharge process controlled by BLU360V device
- Connects to battery terminals and parallel to BLU360V