The Battery Extra Load Unit BXL-A is designed to be used as an additional load to the BLU-A series. Along with BLU-A devices it provides high discharge currents up to 1 kA, applicable to battery systems with up to 300 V DC voltage levels.
A combination of BLU-A and BXL-A units together enables preforming the capacity test fast, accurate and in a user- friendly way according to the battery testing standards:
- IEEE 450-2010
- IEEE 1188-2005
- IEEE 1106-2015
- IEC 60896-11/22 and other relevant standards.
BLU-A device in this combination provides control of the test process and ensures that discharge current is constant during the entire test. Battery Extra Load Unit-A is shut down automatically when BLU is stopped.
Battery Extra Load Unit –BXL-A device simulates a constant resistance load during discharge test. Constant resistance can be set prior the test and BXL-A provides flexibility to choose proper resistances in order to increase loading capability and achieve required discharge current.
- Used in a combination with BLU-A series device to increase load capacity
- Lightweight – 12,5 kg (28 lb.)
- Powerful – discharge power up to 25,4 kW
- Voltage measurement range: up to 300 V DC
- Discharge current – up to 250 A DC
- Measurement resolution – current 1 A, voltage 1 V
- Discharge process controlled by BLU-A device
- Connects to battery terminals and parallel to BLU-A