Discharge test (capacity test) is the only test method that provides a comprehensive insight into battery capacity, and is therefore an essential part of vigorous battery maintenance programmes.
The Battery Load Unit – BLU220T is the stand-alone or a PC-controlled battery capacity test set, based on the state-of-the-art technology. Its design is using the most advanced power electronics solutions with coolers and fans integrated into device itself.
The BLU220T device is lightweight (15,1 kg / 33 lb.) and developed to meet a customer’s wide ranging test procedure requirements (standardized as well as customized). Using the BLU220T device, the capacity test is performed in an accurate, user-friendly way in accordance with the battery testing standards:
- IEEE 450-2010
- IEC 60896-11/22 and other relevant standards).
Discharging can be performed at:
- constant current,
- constant power,
- constant resistance or in accordance with a pre-selected load profile.
The discharge test can be conducted even in case a battery remains connected to the load – by measuring the load current during the process.
The BLU220T device provides the discharge current of up to 340 A and may be applied to battery strings with up to 70,5 V voltage level.
- Lightweight – 15,1 kg (33 lb.)
- Powerful – discharge power up to 19,2 kW
- Battery voltage: 6 to 60 V DC (min 5,25 – max 70,5 V DC)
- Discharge current – up to 340 A DC
- Battery internal resistance measurement according to IEC 60896
- Expandable for larger banks using BXL-T extra load units
- Current measurement range using Current Clamp 0 – 1 000 A DC
- User – adjustable alarm and shutdown parameters to prevent excessive discharge
- Testing without disconnecting the regular load
- Detailed test analysis using DV-B Win software
- Test resume feature in case of interrupted power supply
The DV-B Win software is included in the price, and all its updates are free of charge. Using the DV-B Win software a test can be performed and monitored from a PC, and the results can be saved directly to a PC. Communication between the BLU and a PC is achieved through a USB cable. Using the DV-B Win, the results can be arranged and printed for a report in selectable formats as XLS, PDF, Word, or RTF. Also, a possibility of importing other types of data formats (jpg, png, doc) into standardized DV-B Win report is provided, as well as exporting the numerical and graphical results from the DV-B Win into a customizable report. Additionally, the software provides a possibility of setting extra parameters (cell voltage, string voltage, capacity and time) for alarming and terminating the test.